How to Find Us
The Experimental Station is located in the building at the corner of Blackstone Avenue and 61st Street, in Chicago. You will approach from Dorchester Avenue and turn east (towards the Lake) on to 61st Street. You will see Carnegie Elementary School on the corner, then a walled garden. Take a right turn at the corner (your only option) and you will be on a short, unconnected spur of Blackstone Avenue. The building and the entrance doors are on right side, first B'Gabs Goodies, then an unused door, and finally the main entrance. Immediately past the building is a large gate leading to Blackstone Bicycle Works.
The retail and event spaces on the ground floor are wheel-chair accessible. Feel free to call us with any accessibility questions.
View Larger Map
By CTA or Metra
- The #59 bus stops at 61st and Dorchester and connects with the Redline at the Garfield Stop.
- The #6, #2, #28X buses stop at 59th & Stoney Island and are usually the quickest connections to Downtown.
- The Metra's South Shore Electric Line stops at 57th & 63rd Streets.
- From the north, take Lake Shore Drive. Exit at 57th Drive, which becomes Cornell Drive, then turn right on to Midway Plaisance. Turn left on Dorchester.
- From the south, take Stoney Island. Turn left on 63rd St, then right on Dorchester.
- From the west, take 63rd Street. Turn left on Dorchester.
Street parking is free and generally plentiful. On Saturday market days, 61st Street will be closed east of Dorchester. (So don't park there overnight on a Friday!)
There are bike-racks on Blackstone across from the building.