Market Day - 10/27
Here are some of this week's Market offerings:
- Growing Power and Mike & Clare's Farm will be bringing squash (acorn, spaghetti, butternut), salad greens, kale, turnip greens, sprouts, spinach, cabbage, carrots, onions, leeks, beets, lettuce mix....
- Lucky Duck Farm will be selling Stir-fry mix, pea shoots, bok choi, daikon radishes, baby napa cabbage, bunching onions, shishito peppers, Thai chili peppers, chicken eggs and duck eggs.
- Mick Klug Farms will be selling the last of the season's apples (Honey Crisps, Jonagold, Golden Delicious), red raspberries, and apple cider!
- In addition to their organic mushrooms, and wonderful salsas and other prepared products, River Valley Ranch will be bringing us taffy apples!
- Fill your freezer with Mint Creek Farm's freshly butchered organic pasture-raised lamb roasting cuts. Lamb leg roasts and spare ribs will both be 15% off.
- Penny Pastry will be regaling us again with their croissants, biscuits, coffeecake, and a new line of jams!
- Ingram's Jams and Bread will be bringing their delicious breads made with organic, hand-milled flour. Try the new Cranberry Walnut Bread and Pear Jam w/Sage!
- To warm and fill you, B'Gabs Goodies will be selling homemade, seasonal potato leek soup!
- Spice! will be preparing hot-on-the-spot Carnitas (braised pork/heirloom tomato salsa/cilantro & onion), Chorizo Tacos (homestyle chroizo/cilantro & onion), Butternut Squash Tacos (with cilantro/chili oil), andBreakfast Tacos (egg/grilled peppers/cotija cheese).
- From 10am-1pm, at the Market School tent, Kristen Cooper from the Institute for America's Health will talk with us about their programs in the Chicago area that inspire youth to make healthy living choices. Stop by and check out her display that shows you how much sugar is in your favorite beverage!
- At 10:30am, at the Chef Demo tent, join Chef Iccha Devi, The Reluctant Vegetarian, who will be preparing her delicious Market Fresh Mushroom Pasta.
Finally, PLEASE NOTE that the 61st Street Indoor Farmers Market starts next Saturday, November 3 (9am-2pm), inside the Experimental Station (6100 S. Blackstone). Entry to the Market will be on Blackstone.