61st Street Farmers Market - October 1
This Saturday is October 1 and what an exciting month it is going to be! Did you know that October is National Cookie, Dessert and Pizza Month? Luckily, you have the 61st Street Farmers Market to help you meet all your October holiday obligations. Brown Sugar Bakery has got you covered with freshly-baked cookies and desserts, while our farmers can provide all the veggies, meats and cheeses you need to make your pizza local and sustainable.
Other October 1st highlights include:
· Faith’s Farm: It's time to start thinking about autumn dishes like roasts, soups and stews. Pork Loin Roasts, Beef Stew Meat, Smoked Ham Hocks and Pork Neck Bones are all on special to get you in the cooking mood. Save $1.00 per pound! REAL Soap Giveaway - Get one free Laundry Stain Stick with any purchase.
· Genesis Growers: Sweet Potatoes are here!
· Ellis Family Farms: Delicious Michigan Cranberries
· Tomato Mountain Farm is offering a 12-week Fall CSA beginning next week and running all the way through December. With three sizes, they've got your household covered, and you can't beat the convenience of the Thursday evening delivery of organic produce directly to your home. Check them out at www.tomatomountain.com, or call Robin, 708-370-8017, for more information.
· Subterranean Foods: Breakfast Tacos - eggs/leeks/spinach, Breakfast Burritos - eggs/red cabbage/potatoes/goat cheese, Brunch Burritos - black beans/corn/kale/queso cotija
10:30am Chef Demo: Chef Kocoa of Kocoa’s Kitchen will prepare Mushroom Burgers. Try making your own mushroom burgers at home with fresh local mushrooms from River Valley Ranch.
10am to 1pm Market School: Christine Thomson, a registered dietitian also known as the Compassionate Nutritionist, will be presenting "3 Simple Ways to Becoming Healthy & Whole by Creating a Healthy Relationship with Food."
61st Street Indoor Farmers Market: Mark your calendar! The Indoor Season starts on November 5 and goes through December 17 inside Experimental Station – Saturdays from 9am to 2pm. Stop by the Information Tent for more details.
See you at the Market!