61st Street Farmers Market - October 29
Well, Saturday will be your last chance this season to stroll up and down 61st Street to do your weekly farmers market shopping. Even though it is with some sadness that we close out the 2011 outdoor season, there is great excitement for our Indoor Market opening up next week. So, have no fear! We have you covered this week, November and December! Here are some 61st Street Farmers Market highlights for this Saturday.
Vegetables, Vegetables, Vegetables!
· Mike & Clare’s Farm: Lots of Certified Organic Scallions, Leeks, Lettuces, Kale, Chard, and Beets, plus Broccoli, Mustard Greens, Turnips, Carrots, and Daikon. Everybody loves daikon!
· Tomato Mountain: Certified Organic Spinach, Bok Choi, Lettuces, Radish Tops, in addition to all their wonderful Tomato products. Fall CSA Shares are still available!
· River Valley Ranch: Mushrooms (of course), Butternut Squash, Holiday Gourds, Fingerling Potatoes, Red and Yellow Onions, Shallots and Garlic. They will also have their regular variety of products to choose from, including Granola, Caramel Apples, Ravioli, Mushroom Patties, Pickled Vegetables…
· Growing Power: Sustainably-grown Greens, Sprouts, Beets, Onions, Tomatoes, Winter Squash and Much More!
· Free Pork Cracklin's and recipes with any purchase of $20 or more. An $8.95 value!
· Kim just had a fresh batch of Spicy Italian Sausage made. It is $1 off per pound this week. This sausage is amazing in a simmering pot if pasta sauce or in a sandwich.
· Breakfast Tacos with spinach, mushroom, cojita cheese, cilantro, onion
· Breakfast Burritos with potatoes, beans, kale, tomato, goat cheese
· Brunch Burritos with black beans, corn, peppers, onions, goat cheese
10:30am Chef Demo: Chef Iccha Devi Ra, the Reluctant Vegetarian, will be creating the end-of-the-outdoor-season All Squash Mash Up. Chef Iccha will be making Fusion Chili with black beans and squash served over a savory squash infused polenta. It promises to be fragrant and delicious!
61st Street Indoor Farmers Market: On November 5 at 9am at Experimental Station, please join your favorite farmers and food artisans for the kick-off of the 4th season of our Indoor Farmers Market! Vendors will include B’Gabs Goodies, Brown Sugar Bakery, Crumb, Ellis Family Farms, Faith’s Farm, Growing Power, Mick Klug Farms, Mint Creek Farm, River Valley Ranch, Stamper Cheese Co, Subterranean Foods, Tomato Mountain, Universal Crepes, and other possible special guest during the season!
See you at the Market!