Along with your usual favorites, this week at the 61st Street Farmers Market will feature:
- Faith's Farm is offering a 'Buy 3, Get One Free' deal on Ground Berkshire Pork! Kim's sustainably raised pork is truly the highest quality pork you will find. She also has brats, roasts, beef, and a variety of other products. (Recipe for Cream of Asparagus soup)
- Mint Creek Farmwill be at the Market with their fabulous organic lamb, goat, beef, chicken and eggs. Eggs go particularly fast, so if you want to get some, make yourself an early riser this Saturday!
- Mick Klug Orchards will give you another reason to get up early—STRAWBERRIES! They will be bringing more than their first harvest last weekend, but strawberries will go fast nonetheless, especially with the '2 For' deal they will be offering. Mick Klug will also be taking pre-orders for frozen cherries.
- Envision, one of our new non-profit producers, will be selling radishes, kale, loose lettuce, mint, butter head lettuce, and spinach. We encourage you to ask Trevor about Envision's program to assist people with developmental challenges and disabilities.
- Mike & Clare will have an abundance of lettuce mix, spinach, arugula, radishes and baby kale. They will also be bringing seedlings for your home garden.
- Gold'N Pear, Crumb, Brown Sugar Bakery will be covering all of our bakery needs.
- Our old friends at River Valley Ranch will be bringing brand new Roasted Portobella Tamales, fresh asparagus, as well as their famous seasonal pickled asparagus (only as long as supplies last!). As usual, they will be selling their wonderful selection of beautiful, organically grown mushrooms—crimini, portabella, shiitake, oyster, and white button.
- This week, Spice! will be cooking up hot-on-the-spot breakfast and lunch tacos, burritos and tortas. Try their Taco (River Valley Green Garlic/Spinach), Burrito (Mick Klug Orchards Purple Asparagus/Potatoes/Brown Rice/Black Beans/Cilantro Sauce/Allepo Spiced Cheese), and/or Torta (Mushroom/Spinach/Black Beans).
- At 10:30am, at the Chef Demo tent, join Chef Iccha of The Reluctant Vegetarian, who will be demonstrating a delicious season dish.
- From 10am-1pm, we invite you to stop off at the Market School tent to learn more about the 2012 Farm Bill, and how it influences what foods make their way to our plates.
- Blackstone Bicycle Works, the Experimental Station's community bike shop and youth education program, will be selling refurbished bikes next to the bike shop from 10am on. If you would like to know more about what our program does for our neighborhood kids, please tune in to WTTW Channel 11 TONIGHT at 8:30pm, Saturday at 11:30pm, or Monday May 28 at 10:30pm for Reporting For Service with Bryan Anderson.
See you at the Market!