Here are some folks and foods that we encourage you to connect with this Saturday:
- Faith's Farm will be bringing lots of grass fed beef fresh from the butcher. Kim will also be introducing a brand new product—Bacon Lip Balm!
- Envision will be bringing radishes, kale, chard, collards, arugula, mint, mulberries, and maybe the season's first zucchinis.
- Mick Klug Orchards will be regaling us with strawberries, raspberries, sweet cherries and apricots! On the veggie side, they will be bringing asparagus, radishes, green onions, cucumbers and sugar snap peas.
- If you haven't tried Mother Butter's Popcorn, you haven't eaten good popcorn! Mother Butter's Popcorn has both totally delicious savory and sweet popcorns, made with non-GMO, sustainably grown corn from Michigan. Among other varieties (with curry, with peppers, etc.), this week Mother Butter's will be featuring Bacon Cheddar, and White Truffle Salted varieties.
- Spice! will be preparing hot-on-the-spot Egg Tacos with Egg/River Valley Ranch Green Garlic/Cilantro/Onion/Lemon, Burritos with Mick Klug Farm's asparagus/Envision kale/Stamper chipotle cheddar cheese/black beans/brown rice/spicy garlic sauce, Tortas with Growing Power Mix of pea shoots and scallions/Prairie Pure Farm feta cheese/Faith's Farm smoked bacon/roasted chicken/spicy mayo/Penny Pastry country bread, and Chicken Tacos with River Valley garlic scapes/Envision radishes/roasted chicken/lime.
- B'Gabs Goodies Raw/Vegan Deli has what you need to keep cool despite the high temps we will see this weekend—iced teas, lemonade, smoothies, juices, boxed water (!), and foods that are not hot!
- Sunkissed Organics will be at the Market, bringing chemical-free herb plants, sugar snap peas, loose leaf salad greens (romaine, buttercrunch, red sails, etc.), an array of flowering shrubs and EGGS!
- At 10:30am, join Chef Kocoa at the Chef Demo tent for an always-entertaining and educational demonstration of how to prepare a Watermelon Salad with Mint Leaves and a Cantaloupe and Jicama Salad.
From 10am-1pm, at the Market School tent, The Campus Kitchen at Northwestern University—a student-led anti-hunger organization that works with campus dining halls to rescue unused food—will show you how they turn food waste into nourishing meals.
See you at the Market!