Market Day - 9/15
This Saturday, the 61st Street Farmers Market will be offering the best and healthiest foods we can find. Here are some of this week's offerings:
- We are very pleased to welcome Ingram's Jam & Bread to the Market! Made by hand from fresh-ground, locally produced organic wheat, Emily's hearty breads are made to be topped by her amazing jams, made with fruit from local growers. This week, Emily will be bringing honey wheat, multi-grain, white with pepper and thyme, rye, cinnamon swirl bread, and zucchini bread. Also, try one of her not-your-typical-flavorjams: apricot chile, apple ginger, hot pepper jelly, lemon curd, and peach!
- Faith's Farm has grass-fed beef back in stock! Get FREE pork neck bones and recipes with any $25 purchase.
- Apple season is in full swing! Mick Klug Orchards will be bringing Honey Crisp, Mutsu, Golden Delicious, Gala, Macintosh and APPLE CIDER! It is also the season for Concord Grapes, Niagara Grapes,Seedless Grapes, Pears, and Red Raspberries. In the veggie section, you will find tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, green beans, sweet corn, cucumbers....
- Stop by Tomato Mountain for some of their delicious soups and salsas and to learn about their Late Season (Oct-Dec) home delivery CSA. Join for fall and get in on the ground floor when they introduce their new Winter CSA (Jan-Apr)!
- Growing Power, Mike & Clare, and Envision will be bringing all of early-fall's best—tomatoes, greens, sprouts, cabbage, corn, beets, eggplant, leeks, squash, kale, chard, collards, hot and bell peppers,carrots, cucumbers, basil, mint, and more!
- Spice! will be preparing their hot-on-the-spot, always new and delicious Breakfast Tacos, Tortas and Carnitas (with braised pork!). In addition, back by popular demand, B'Gabs will again be offering delicious southern-style cooked dishes at the Market, as well as fresh-squeezed juices.
- At 10:30am, at the Chef Demo tent, join Iccha Devi, The Reluctant Vegetarian, as she prepares for us one of her wonderful seasonal dishes.
As always, the 61st Street Farmers Market aims to make our healthy, organic and locally grown foods accessible and affordable for all. We continue to accept LINK at the Market and to match LINK purchases up to $25 per cardholder per market day. Please join us on 61st Street between Dorchester and Blackstone Avenues, from 9am-2pm, every Saturday, rain or shine!
See you at the Market!