Market Day - 9/22
Fall has officially arrived, and with it some of the best tastes of the local harvest. Here are some of this Saturday's Market offerings:
- Mick Klug Farms will be selling apples, grapes, pears, raspberries, apple cider (1/2 gallon or 1 gallon), tomatoes, gourds, and more....
- Growing Power has started to harvest their fall vegetables—spaghetti squash, butternut squash, pumpkins, potatoes, onions—in addition to their mixed salad greens, sprouts, cabbage....
- Envision will be selling their beautiful kale, tomatoes, sweet peppers, hot peppers, eggplant, chard, radishes, carrots, cucumbers, basil, sage, and mint. As first-year farmers, growing out of raised beds, Trevor and the Envision team are doing an impressive job! If you haven't done so already, stop in and talk with them about their program to enable people with disabilities to work.
- Mike & Clare will be bringing several varieties of their amazing tomatoes, chard, beets, carrots, leeks, kale, and more.
- Faith's Farm has lots of grass fed beef, the best pork products that you will ever find, as well as Lovely Lard for your autumnal pies!
- Mother Butters Popcorn will be back with us this week, bringing a new special fall delight—Pecan Pumpkin Spice!
- If you haven't yet had a croissant, tart, or Financier from Penny Pastry, this is the weekend! Put it under 'traveling for pleasure!'
- B'Gabs Goodies will again be offering fresh juice and cooked vegan soul food at the Market. You can also find B'Gabs' wonderful raw vegan foods ('burgers', salads, juices, smoothies....) in the Deli located around the corner on Blackstone.
- Spice! will be cooking up Breakfast tacos, Pork Belly tacos, Tortas, and Spiced Corn. Spice! is proud to serve dishes prepared with ingredients sourced from the 61st Street Farmers Market!
- At 10:30am, join the dynamic and charismatic Chef Kocoa of Kocoa's Kitchen at the Chef Demo tent, where she will show us how to prepare a yet-to-be-announced seasonal dish!
- From 10am-1pm, stop by the Market School tent and find out what to do with your food scraps. Alex Markiewicz is eager to tell you about local composting opportunities in Woodlawn and Hyde Park.
The 61st Street Farmers Market will continue to take place outdoors on 61st Street every Saturday, from 9am-2pm, until the end of October. In November, we will go indoors at the Experimental Station until December 15, to avoid the wintery winter weather.
See you at the Market!