Arts & Events
- comics, hand-painted signs, and photo projects by the youth of Blackstone Bicycle Works with Tita Thomas
- the drawings and iconic bicycle of Tommie Lee Hollins
- collaborative intergenerational art activities for all people
- tours of the exhibition led by bike shop youth
- at the opening reception: “bike shop soda” by Build Coffee, food from Rajun Cajun, and live music
Organized by Terreform Center for Advanced Urban Research, The City College of New York and Experimental Station, this day-long conference/conversation will feature a host of South Side activists, planners and doers, all working to design a better future for our South Side communities.
OUR LAST MARKET OF THE YEAR. Please please please join us for one last celebration of fruits, veggies, cheese, spices, honey, and more before we go into hibernation until after the holidays! We will be back January 14th. Stay warm and keep your stomach full, folks.
...and a new month arrives. It's getting chilly so we're heading indoors for the winter but we will still be here every week until mid-December. Hope to see you at our first indoor market of the season!
In critiquing the world around us, insurgent educator and activist Bill Ayers uncovers cracks in the system, raising our sights for radical change, and envisioning strategies for building a movement to create a more humane, balanced, and peaceful world.